a. Read the provided materials
b. Textbook reading chapters (Optional): Robbins, S. P., & Judge, T. A. (2017). Essentials of Organizational Behavior (14th Edition). Pearson Education (US)
Chapter 3 – Attitudes & Job Satisfaction, Chapter 7 – Motivation Concepts, and Chapter 8 – Motivation: From Concepts to Applications
c. Questions: The selection ends with the following assertion by Drucker: “Each of these requirements—except perhaps the last one—is almost the exact opposite of what is needed to increase the productivity of the manual worker.” If one considers that Drucker held the Scientific Management view of job design, this could be true.
But now, consider the Jobs Characteristics Model (JCM) of Hackman and Oldham (see Chapter 8 of Robbins and Judge).
- How does JCM differ from the “scientific management approach” of Frederick Taylor?
- If factory jobs were designed according to JCM, what attributes of “knowledge work” would apply to them?
- Would Drucker’s assertion still be valid?
- Are professional degreed individuals the only ones who can be identified as knowledge workers? Why or why not?
1. Be sure to read the provided materials in Lesson 3 carefully before you address this topic.
2. The paper should be 5 pages long (not including the title page and References)
Papers need to be formatted in proper APA 7th Edition style.
3. Each paper requires a minimum of at least three outside peer-reviewed sources for your references (unless stated otherwise in the guidance above).
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."