Remember – the question to the class has to be a question that can answer by referring to the short story – do not ask what if or how does it.
Hypothesis: In “Children of the Sea” by Edwidge Danticat, the tragic love story mirrors the historical context in Haiti.
In your discussion, prove or disprove this hypothesis. In your post, you may consider proving or disproving the hypothesis by answering the following questions:
- What is tragic about the love story?
- What is the historical context of the short story?
- Is the couple together? Why or why not? Does this symbolize a component of the historical context?
- Is there a metaphor about love that could be a metaphor about Haiti as well?
- So, is it possible that the love story mirrors a specific component of the historical context? What makes this possible or impossible? What quotes, metaphors, or other aesthetic components of the text make this hypothesis possible or impossible
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."