MBD-2 4/5 Assignment
ArcelorMittal is the world’s leading steel and mining company, with a presence in 60 countries and an industrial footprint in 18 countries. Guided by a philosophy to produce safe, sustainable steel, ArcelorMittal is the leading supplier of quality steel in the major global steel markets including automotive, construction, household appliances and packaging, with world-class research and development and outstanding distribution networks (Arcelormittal, n.d.).
Through the core values of sustainability, quality and leadership, ArcelorMittal operates responsibly with respect to the health, safety and well being of their employees, contractors and the communities in which they operate (Arcelormittal, n.d.).
For ArcelorMittal, steel is the fabric of life, as it is at the heart of the modern world from railways to cars and washing machines. ArcelorMittal is actively researching and producing steel-based technologies and solutions that make many of the products and components people use in their everyday lives more energy efficient (Arcelormittal, n.d.).
The merger of India’s Mittal Steel and Luxembourg’s Arcelor in 2006 produced the largest steel company in the world, Arcelor Mittal. In 2019, ArcelorMittal announced the acquisition of Essar Steel India Limited (ESIL) and simultaneously established a joint venture with Nippon Steel Corporation (Nippon Steel) called ArcelorMittal Nippon Steel India Limited (Kanter, Timmons, & Giridharadas, 2006) .
Arcelormittal (n.d.) retrieved from https://corporate.arcelormittal.com/about-us
Kanter J., Timmons, T., & Giridharadas, A, (June 25, 2006) Arcelor agrees to Mittal takeover retrieved from https://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/25/business/worldbusiness/25iht-steel.html?auth=link-dismiss-google1tap
- Read the article Arcelor agrees to Mittal Takeover.
- Read the article ArcelorMittal and Nippon Steel complete acquisition of Essar Steel.
- Peruse ArcelorMittal’s corporate website for additional information.
- Peruse Hofstede’s Insights for additional information.
- Write a 5-6 page paper following APA Style. For questions on APA Style, go to the APA Style Page.
- In your paper, address the following questions:
- Compare Hofstede’s cultural dimensions for the countries of Luxembourg, India, and Japan.
- Discuss Arcelor’s motivation to be acquired byMittal and Mittal’s motivation to merge with Arcelor.
- Discuss the two major challenges that threatened the Arcelor/Mittal merger. Which of Hofstede’s cultural dimensions might be at the core of these challenges?
- Discuss at least two reasons why ArcelorMittal acquired Essar Steel.
- Discuss the rationale for ArcelorMittal’s joint venture with Nippon Steel.
- If you were a manager at ArcelorMittal, what cultural challenges might emerge in your attempts to integrate a Christian worldview in the workplace?
- Include an introduction paragraph, a conclusion paragraph, APA level one headings, and a minimum of five (5) properly cited sources in your paper.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."