FINAL ESSAY – Drama Due Date: June 27, 2020, 11:59 P.M. Clybourne Park By Bruce Norris Was Awarded The Pulitzer Prize In Drama.
Due Date: June 27, 2020, 11:59 p.m.
Clybourne Park by Bruce Norris was awarded the Pulitzer Prize in Drama. It is inspired by Lorraine Hansberry’s play A Raisin in the Sun. The play is in two acts. The first act takes place during the late 1960s when integration was beginning to occur in American neighborhoods and schools. The second act takes place today, within the 21st century. The play uses the same set but the set design changes to reflect the time period. Each actor plays two different characters, one per act.
You are to watch this collection of snippets from scenes in the play, some in the first act, and some from the second act. Write a minimum three-page response paper which responds to the questions below based upon this collection of scenes. MLA format. Half of a page does not count as a page.
White female, blue paid dress
White male, balding, glasses
White male, no glasses, pullover
White male, gray suit, glasses
White female, pregnant
QUESTIONS: (refers to the Aristotelian elements of drama in Module 4)
- What is the theme?
- Provide a character profile for each character based upon what you are viewing here.
- Describe the action. How does the action support the theme?
- Discuss the language for the film. Remember that language refers to the words/terms and phrases used.
- Discuss the actors’ performances. How do they use rhythm in depicting their characters?
- Discuss the spectacle, i.e. the set design, costuming, scenic elements.
- How does this play associate with real life today?
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."